The Port of Mostyn is situated on on the Dee Estuary (53º19'N 3º16'W). Mariners should ensure that they have an up-to-date Admiralty Chart No. 1953 'Approaches to the River Dee' and the latest Admiralty Sailing Directions for 'West Coasts of England and Wales Pilot'.
With certain exceptions, Pilotage is compulsory within the Dee Estuary Pilot Area for:
- All ships carrying explosives or cargo of dangerous commodities
- Vessels engaged in towing where the combined length of the towing vessel and the tow is 50 metres or more
- Fishing vessels of 47.5 metres or more in length overall
- All other vessels of 20 metres or more in length, and
- Please refer to the Admiralty Sailing Directions.
All vessels in -bound for Mostyn should wait or anchor in the vicinity of the North Rhyl Anchorage Area (53º 23’N 3º 33’W) until such time specified by the Mostyn Harbour Master to proceed to the pilot boarding position.
All vessels should monitor VHF channel 14.
Please refer to Admiralty Sailing Directions and the Admiralty List of Radio Signals (Pilot Services, Vessel Traffic Services and Port Operations) for Pilot boarding information.
Capt. R.C. Hyde-Linaker BA. MNI.
The Port of Mostyn
Flintshire CH8 9HE
Tel: +44 (0)1745 560335
DDI: +44 (0)1745 562826
Fax.: +44 (0)1745 560324